How to Enrol

When Do I Need To Enrol My Child?

In order to ensure a place for your child at Hurstbridge Primary School, the enrolment form needs to be forwarded to the school office early in term 3 and if possible by 31st July. This enrolment information then needs to be forwarded to the Department of Education to guarantee our entitlement of teachers, classroom spaces and program options for the following year.

What Do I Need To Bring To The School To Enrol My Child?

A completed enrolment form and medical information form if appropriate.
A copy of your child’s birth certificate (the original needs to be sighted at the office.)
An immunisation certificate from the Eltham Community Health Centre.

How Do I Know If My Child Is Eligible To Commence School?

To be eligible for admission a child must be at least five years of age by 30th April of the year in which admission is sought. Only Australian citizens or students with specified visas are eligible for admission.

Enrolment Form:

The enrolment form, which must be signed by the parent/guardian, must include at least the following information:

1. Date of birth (a copy of a birth certificate and original to be sighted) (Passport or travel document for non-Australian-born students.)
2. Names and addresses of child and parent/guardian
3. Details of medical or other conditions for which the child may need special consideration
4. Emergency telephone numbers, including that of a nominated doctor
5. Previous school and year (kindergarten)

Click here to download our enrolment form or contact the school and we will send one to you.

Medical Information:

Details of medical or other conditions for which the child may need special consideration.

Immunisation Certificate:

Under the Health (Immunisation) Regulations 1999, all parents/guardians are required to present an immunisation certificate for their child, obtained from the local municipal council, when enrolling their child in a primary school. Parents/guardians who present with certificates other than the one obtained from the council need to go to the council for the correct one.

To obtain the Immunisation Certificate. Please contact your local Medicare centre.

For further information | click here

Call Medicare on 1800 653 809